About SUMMER SESSIONS WATERFRONT STADIUM CONCERTS
Introduction: The Lynne Sherwood Waterfront Stadium is a world-class outdoor event space. Located at 1 S. Harbor Drive in Grand Haven Michigan. It sits on the deep-water channel of the Grand River about 1-1/2 miles from Lake Michigan. The stunning backdrop is the channel and towering sand dunes common to the Lake Michigan lakeshore. Just below the dunes is the Grand Haven Musical Fountain.
What's the Capacity? While the capacity is 3,000, Summer Sessions will be providing only 2,500 tickets.
Who's promoting the concert shows? Seven Steps Up Live Music + Events is the exclusive promoter for Summer Sessions. At the request of the Grand Haven Council, there will be four shows each summer (possibly only 3 in 2019 due to a late start). Seven Steps Up also promotes shows at their listening room venue in downtown Spring Lake (116 S. Jackson St). Tickets for those shows featuring national touring artists in an intimate setting are also available on this website. Those shows over the past 8 years have featured numerous GRAMMY winners, legends, and emerging artists.
Where do I get tickets? Tickets are available online at https://www.SevenStepsUp.com. You can also call our box office for tickets: 616-930-4755. Tickets will also be available at public events at Seven Steps Up. On the day of the show, tickets are available at the stadium box office which opens at noon (day of show prices are $10 extra).
More about your tickets: When buying tickets, you can request that they be mailed to you (be sure to provide your address, city, state and zip code), or you can ask that they be available to pick up at the Box Office "Will Call" window before the show. "Will Call" window will open at noon and is located at the northeast corner of the stadium, just outside the fenced area. An I.D. matching the purchaser's name is required to pick up tickets.
You must have your physical ticket(s) to enter. Confirmation emails on your cell phone are not valid for entry. Please have a valid I.D. with you if you plan to purchase any beer or wine; you must get a proper wrist band at the entry gate to purchase alcohol.
What time are the concerts? Concerts start at 7pm with gates opening at 5:30pm. Shows should end around 9:30pm or earlier. Soon after the show ends, the Grand Haven Musical Fountain will begin their nightly show. You can stick around for the Fountain shows if you desire. As concert goers are leaving, people will be entering for the free Fountain shows. You may not carry any alcohol out when you depart.
When can we line up at the gate? There is one entry gate on the southeast corner of the stadium. You can line up as early as you like, but you cannot use any "place-holders" in the line such as chairs, blankets, etc. You must be present in the line to hold your spot. Re-entry after entering the gate is not permitted.
What items am I restricted from bringing? For the safety and comfort of our guests, here is a list of prohibited items:
- Weapons. This includes any type of gun regardless of any permits to carry, knives of any kind or size, mace, pepper spray, or any item deemed unacceptable by gate or security personnel.
- Alcohol. Beer, wine, and canned cocktail beverages can be purchased in the concession area adjacent to the stadium on the north side. Any alcohol product not purchased from our concessions will be confiscated. All policies regarding alcohol comply with the Michigan Liquor Control Commission Code.
- Bags. Backpacks and large bags are not allowed. For small items, consider using a "Stadium Bag". These are clear plastic bags 12"x6"x12". Stadium bags are available on Amazon for $1.60 to $15.00. Alternatively, store your small items in a clear plastic gallon size zip lock bag. Any bags deemed unacceptable by gate or security personnel will not be allowed.
- Baby strollers and carriages.
- SLR Cameras. Audio/Video Recording Equipment. Artists contracts require us to make our best effort to restrict the use of these devices. You may see some professional audio/video recording happening when the promoter or artists hire these professionals.
- Any food or drink. However, you may bring water in clear plastic unopened bottles so long as it fits in the stadium bag described above. If you want, you can carry in some ice in the stadium size bag. You may bring your personal insulated water bottle with water, but we'll want to inspect it. Other beverage containers are not allowed whether opened or not. Food and beverages are available in our concession area. All food and beverage sales benefit COURTYARD CONCERTS, a 501(c)3 all volunteer Non-Profit Organization. Go to www.courtyardconcerts.org for more information about their mission and goals.
- Pets. An exception is people with disabilities with their service animal.
- Drones of any type.
- Use of cigarettes, E-cigarettes, and cigars & pipes except in a designated smoking area.
- Any illegal substances.
- Aerosol cans, bull horns, and bells. Non-aerosol insect repellent is allowed.
- Large umbrellas. Small umbrellas are allowed if needed for inclement weather conditions. Please be courteous to others by not blocking their view. Consider a rain poncho. Inexpensive rain ponchos are available at our merchandise area.
- All bags, chair bags, purses, etc. will be inspected at the entry gate.
- Any item deemed unsafe by our security personnel at their sole discretion or if required by contract with the artists.
- If you're unsure about bringing something, it's best to just not bring it or send an email to email@example.com. It may not be possible to answer email on day of show, so ask in advance please. You can also call our Box Office number with questions: 616-930-4755.
What other items might I consider bringing? (Shirts & Shoes are required)
Other small items you may want to consider bringing:
- Your physical ticket(s). VERY IMPORTANT!
- Sun Screen.
- Hats but no tall hats.
- Cell phones for emergency calls, but not for audio/video recording please.
- A positive attitude and a smile!
- A low profile chair as described below.
Chairs must be low profile style. No more than 12" high for the seat front with backs no higher than 32".
If your chair is in a chair bag, please remove the chair as you go through security check-in so the bag can be inspected.
Note that an area in front of the stage will be reserved for standing only and no chairs will be allowed in that area.
On the "floor" of the stadium, there is a section with chairs that are reserved for our premier sponsors. Please don't sit there unless you are part of the sponsor group.
At present time we are not renting or selling chairs.
Blankets may be used for seating, but please restrict the size to what's required for your seats.
Bleachers are located at the top of the stadium. The six rising stadium tiers are also excellent for sitting.
Is the stadium ADA accessible? Yes. A special section is available at the top of the stadium for those who need to sit in their chair. Several tables are in the ADA area that accommodate wheel chairs. One companion may sit with you. If room allows, additional companions can join you. An ADA compliant portable restroom is available at the back of the concession area at the north side of the stadium.
Can I reserve a spot in advance? All seating is general admission and is first come/first served.
Where should I park? There are no designated parking areas, so use any of the numerous public parking lots in the city.
For questions, contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-930-4755. Please note that questions submitted on the day of the show may or may not get a response. Best to ask earlier.
What if the weather is bad? All shows are "rain or shine". If there is inclement weather, shows could be delayed. If bad weather passes, the promoters will decide whether the show can continue. Lightning storms and tornado warnings may require the concert to end. There are no refunds for weather canceled shows.
All policies and restrictions are subject to change at any time and without notice. The promoter (Seven Steps Up LLC), its contractors, the City of Grand Haven, and the performing artists and crews are not responsible for injury or damage at the stadium venue.
The promoter is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged tickets or for any tickets sold on a 3rd party platform. To ensure that your tickets are valid, only purchase from www.sevenstepsup.com or at the Box Office. All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges including but not limited to failure of the performer(s) to appear, changes in performer(s) or cancellation due to inclement weather.